I do think that a hard division between changes/additions to ARCs and other categories would be extremely helpful, but this is far from the top of my list. While I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness you’ve put into your reply, I have to pushback on any ideas involving a council or John’s (fisherman) focus on vetting xGovs rather than vetting the proposals/proposers themselves.
I absolutely agree that proposals submissions and voting should not be grouped up together, so as to avoid voting/research fatigue. I also would say that you are spot on with regards to education and that Adri and the rest of the xGov team could be using a lot of resources to make their lives easier and be more effective in their communication.
I do worry there is a tipping point though where we make the process so cumbersome for potential devs submitting proposals that it becomes a deterrent.
Again, thank you for the thoughtful reply!