[CODE] Which file and function used for building a proposal from a payment transaction

Hi zach,

I don’t have the access to the code base from this machine, so I’ll try to give you some pointers -

  • The makeProposal is called when node has a participation keys for the current round. At that point, there is a chance that this node would need to generate a proposal ( or vote ). In that case, the node attempts to generate a block ( I think it’s call evaluate ) which is composed out of the transactions that are pending in the transaction pool.
  • The signature verification is bit more complicated - incoming node transactions as validated before they are placed on the transaction pool. They are also re-validated before sending the cert votes. The voting signatures are checked right when they are being received, using an execution pool ( so that certain signatures could be prioritize over others ).

The flow might not be the easiest to understand, but it’s quite well optimized ( from a computer standpoint, that is… )