Evolving Algorand Governance

I have the following plan to make sure that all of the the Algo’s that participate in governance automatically participate in consensus:

What if participation nodes will be used as a sort of ballot boxes. Imagine that each node can choose a voting option and lock in its decision. Then people can register their voting keys with a node that they agree with (or they can run their own node!). Then the nodes proceed to vote with all the Algo’s that they have voting keys of. In this way we can have all the money that is participating in governance automatically participating in consensus.

About DeFi: I do not think that DeFi users should get extra governance rewards. I find the liquid governance system of Folks finance elegant. It could be implemented natively in the blockchain (to not give too much power to individual dApps who run these liquid governance programs).