Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

First off, welcome! These all look to be quite interesting proposals. I’d like to dive in and ask a few questions and give my first impressions:

Measure 1 seems easy enough to dissect. However, this is going to piss some people off. So we should definitely come up with some maths or reasoning for these exact amounts, if already done please explain how we reached these numbers? That being said, I am definitely in the DeFi camp on this one. My bigger question on this measure would be if this includes the LP commitment voted for in last governance as being lumped in with “Defi” or are we strictly speaking of DeFi Governance committed Algo and leaving it at that? I know the LP system was difficult to get right from multiple angles, and curious if Foundation is seeking to pursue this or try a different strategy.

Measure 2 certainly seems like a step in the right directly as far as xGov is concerned, but quite a few community members are still somewhat unclear on how xGov process will work. The proposal mentions an Algorand portal for upvoting, DAO voting procedures, and xGov tokens but really fails to present how this process works in a cohesive workflow. Could we please get more information on who are xGovs and how this process will work before we start handing out grants? This seems like it might have the most potential for abuse out of all the measures listed here and the community should definitely be aware of the inner-workings of this program before allocating funds or power to it. Assuming, nothing objectionable on that front arises, I would support the Foundation in this measure.

Measure 3 seems a bit like a wildcard, though I the only possible harm I can think that might come from it is if the Foundation becomes a crutch for the NFT community to lean on to hold up floor prices. I think there should definitely be a maximum number of pieces from any 1 collection that the Foundation should purchase in addition to a maximum Algo value per purchase. This would ensure that the Foundation could not be seen as manipulating the market or profiting off of market conditions while being subsidized by funds that could have gone elsewhere. With proper safeguards in place, and something akin to a museum curator or board of directors responsible for selecting pieces (xGov subcommittee?) I would be happy to support this measure.

Those are my initial thoughts. Curious to see what others’ think.