Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

I read about half of the replies. Forgive me if this was already said - but I think Algorand’s biggest problem is general lack of adoption.

We worry that Governance rewards are too high. The obvious solution is to attract more retail investors to governance. The percentage will drop since the pool is fixed.

Simply put, the question is - if 7% APR is so hard to compete with - then why aren’t we seeing people all over the world flock to Algo governance? The answer is - because hardly anyone knows Algo exists! Get more people to join, the rate will drop and you’ll have actual competitive pressure.

We worry that Tinyman rewards cannot compete with the 7% governance rewards. So we try to “steal” a little from governors to pay Tinyman. But we forget that there are millions of crypto investors who invest billions into nonsense coins with 0% rewards whatsoever! Spread the word about Algo. Get more retail investors to buy in. And your problem is solved.

The structure of this particular proposal is also something I find very convoluted. Why only 10K+ pools? I have a 6K pool so I must be a loser. Why only LP DEXs and not other DEXs? Why August 15? And why bother if the Foundation reserves the right to cancel it all anyway? It is complicated, overengineered and not something I have a lot of confidence in.

As it stands, I plan to vote B on both measures and I hope we see more future proposals to drive general retail Algo adoption.

Don’t narrow-focus on DeFi. Don’t make such complicated constructs. But make Algo known! The great tech will take care of the rest.