The connection speed isn’t the biggest issue. Lots of people run nodes. In my experience, it’s trying to do it on a Macbook Pro xD I have tried with 2 different models on multiple OS versions and having very little experience with the Mac terminal I could not get any of the provided autoupdaters to function, even on the latest 2021 Macbook Pro just for a participation node. The relay is another thing entirely. That I can understand needing to have high requirements due to the amount of traffic. Luckily these things are on the Foundation’s radar, and I’ve been told by quite a few people that easy to use portals are in development. In the meantime, I’d check out https://twitter.com/d13_co/status/1580654043596480512?s=20&t=wfJFbD-ghgWbtA9TVG88NA for a great guide on setting up a participation node using a cloud server if you cant get your Mac up and running!
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Learning and rambling a little bit | 2 | 521 | January 15, 2023 | |
| New participation node hardware requirements | 3 | 743 | June 8, 2022 | |
| What's the minimum Technical Requirements for a Relay Node? | 6 | 1351 | January 23, 2022 | |
| XGOV/Dapp/DAO's relay node runners | 6 | 550 | September 5, 2022 | |
| Deploying Algorand Nodes: Hardware Specifications and Node Service Providers | 0 | 818 | November 20, 2023 |