Humble DeFi Community Feedback for GP 11

Thanks for sharing :saluting_face:

I chatted TDR a good bit in GP 10 and my thoughts haven’t changed, and are kinda similar to Oyster; focus on USDC (easiest inflow) and go from there. Ideally AF doing whatever it can to make CCTP priority #1

It sounds like @HumbleShaman you’ve also has some similar thoughts along these lines too.

It’s hard to judge a single protocol proposal in isolation…

What I’m interested in is hearing from the defi committee - what have you learnt from period to period?

How are these new allocations an improvement on the past?

Are you experimenting with any new strategies for GP11 to fix any wrongs from GP10?

From outside looking in, it feels like protocols are busy trying to keep everyone happy. Don’t want to upset the community, don’t want to upset the partners… and we get a very big spread of LPs as a result with no clear defined focus.

And the result is likely the same as it has been for every TDR so far.

I know Humble is one of the smaller allocations, so this comment isn’t especially targeted to you. More of a general… what’s the plan?

Even without going super radical new plan… our dex routing is killer. It feels like you could consolidate?

Currently:

Algo/USDC - 20%
Algo/USDT - 7%
gAlgo/USDC - 15%
gAlgo/USDT - 7.5%
USDC/USDT - 10%

Consolidate:

Algo/USDC - 30%
USDC/USDT - 20%
Algo/gAlgo - 10% (I think Tinyman/Pact normally cover this with Folks so prob not needed?)

A gAlgo to USDT swap (can probably count the people doing this on one hand) would have a few hops but with deeper LPs should have less or equal slippage. Increased volume in less pools gives them a better chance at being sustainable on trading fees alone long term? Or am I missing something?