I’m investigating the use of a multisig escrow account (MEA) holding X + Y + Fees, a close contract TEAL program (CC) to trigger a closeout and a series of negotiated state TEAL programs (NS) which update the payouts to A & B. All of the TEAL programs are created cooperatively by A & B and retained offline to form an L2 solution. Only at funding, closeout (allowing dispute) or timeout will online transactions be presented. I’m still early in my design, so I’ll share more details in the near future. I’m still looking for any L2 examples on Algorand to vet my concept against.
@Maugli I like your example of the video library. Let’s consider the video content owner desires (and has the rights) to sell access to their inventory for per second viewing rather than per title or per month. I’m not aware of a globally distributed blockchain capable of providing settlement to allow this scenario, but an L2 solution should be able to accomplish this by allowing the viewer to update a payment channel offline and the content provider to stream until updates cease, then settle on chain for payment of delivered content.