Plans to increase the utility of native asset ALGO?

This is insightful, thanks for sharing.

I agree with all of the points, esp cons. Pros should do the talking by themselves, but so much grunt work is needed to resolve the cons; I honestly have yet to witness any practical structuring by the Foundation to relieve these centralized ops, instead the network is becoming more personalized than ever by the latest CEO (cannot get political/unnecessarily polarized enough with hyper concentration on ESG, women-inclusivity, personally tailored charities to completely unrelated orgs like GothamFC and Climate Ride, blatant degenerate finance mgmt like $35M(!) loss on a platform literally called Holdanut, etc.).

This is no longer the same investment I have made back in 2020, and I wish Silvio Micali would increase his presence more to ground the wearying leadership (still no news of new Inc CEO right? We essentially had two heads chopped off in <5 yrs of inception without anyone particularly interested in the role so had no choice to promote within… That’s a sign about the outlook of the company from outside, if there is one imho). The only positive outcome that’s shining from AF atm is perhaps the new CTO, who is developing the Algokit which can/already committed to amend all the lacking technical stuff listed in the Cons, quite easily I feel. I’m confused on the “Slow route to DAO, inefficient mechanisms are set in place” that other chains don’t experience.

Quite curious what your project is on Ethereum, as I’m heavy into that ecosystem also. Regarding the Carbon Credits on Algorand, it was my understanding the carbon offset contracts that some projects are pledging with the Foundation via ClimateTrade was in the plans to be recorded through smart contracts to show transparency and most importantly, accountability in actually doing it, not just words and handshakes like many of the crooked ESG projects are today - Fake Carbon Credits Market. If it can be a simple tx as you note, where are they? What happened to them??

Wholeheartedly agree about the last point on being more efficient in brand exposure. If xGov program will allow us to be “employed” with assigned tasks than just being sideline investors, we ought to use the existing mgmt resources that cefi entreprise is using to operate in the highest production mode possible. Everything just seems so half-assed right now if I had to be blunt. Instead of silly little Twitter spaces, where everyone just sits around for 1-2hrs without much value adding, let’s set up a Zoom with PPTs and clear directions for xGovs to delegate fitting tasks for ex. The existing Gitcoin Bounty program can be used for this. Staci increased the Foundation by 67% as of last year now staggering with 70+! employees. Surely, some of them could lead this - Algorand Foundation Revenue is my small food for thought…