Hey @tsachi
Thank you for your response. I understand that these are not trivial issues to solve. I myself -for one- would not have a solution at hand. I am merely bothered by the fact that Algorand is not transparent and honest about these issues. This is extremely important if you want to build an organic (developer) community.
Algorand propagates having solved the trilemma and being fully decentralized and permissionless. That’s a huge claim to make but it is clearly not true as it stands right now.
Every blockchain can have permissionless consensus, but does that make your blockchain secure? Does that make it scalable? That’s what the trilemma is all about.
Algorand clearly turned to centralizing measures to overcome these issues, nothing wrong with that, but they should be honest about it and provide a clear path towards full decentralization to the community if they want to live up to their claims.