[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance

It may start out temporary, but would not be guaranteed to end as expected. You create pure business motive for node running, and those business will use resources to protect their business/profit. They will work to convince people to make it permanent, they will work to make it more difficult to run. They have no care about the overall health or decentralization of the network itself, only about maintaining and growing their profit.

Edit: I don’t want to force “normies” to run nodes. It’s stake weighted anyway, so you won’t have that much say in it. But the undetlying theory still holds that businesses that depend on Algorand already have incentive to run nodes. Algorand only succeeds with many businesses using Algorand. I would not worry about this theory failing unless there were higher usage of Algorand right now. But in the bear market with low usage overall, I don’t see the need to try to prop up node running. The online stake is still sufficient to not worry about security.