Thank you for the additional context.
First of all, please note that I do not have the power to penalize Folks Finance or anyone else and am merely voicing my thoughts.
To elaborate on my comment regarding the appropriateness of the funding, I consider the delivered scope to be in the similar range as e.g. Reti Pooling - smart contracts with a similar number of SLOC, deployment scripts, UI, and daemon, for which the funding by the Algorand Foundation was in a similar range AFAIK.
Moreover, my comment relates to the fact that the work is an implementation of a standard, not a new full bridge.
I would be interested in hearing the details about the invested effort, the mentioned quotes for similar work, and why the initial deal was structured to cover only a part of the expenses in the first place.
I would be also curious to hear about opinion from others.
Overall, I am only concerned that if this proposal is approved, it would set a precedent for the xGov program to (double-)fund other similar proposals, i.e. for work already delivered to and paid by the Algorand Foundation.
Lastly, I would point out that if the Algorand Foundation has full IP rights to the developed work, the proposal might not meet the program’s terms and conditions under point 3.3. as another entity would have rights to the deliverables.