Could be an interesting thought piece. Just some questions:
-
How do you already know it will cover at least 75 sources? Assuming those are papers and vetted articles, I’d rather go for quality over quantity. Would be a shame if you start gathering a lot of low-value sources just to get to that number. Maybe 50 is already enough or maybe 100. Your research will find out along the way?
-
Perhaps also include some technical parts into it how it actually could be achieved (through smart contracts with a small MVP using puya?).
-
What’s the open source database that you like to publish the article in?
I’m not an American (west-europe here). But I’d consider this more of a thought piece of what blockchain [Algorand] could do to fortify the public voting system and preventing fraud while keeping it accessible and open. So more or less hypothetical speaking, as in reality I’d give it a very low chance that it will happen in the next two decades. Mainly as currently 70 out of 100 Americans (according to Reuters) vote through hand ballots [Machine Politics: How America casts and counts its votes]. In my country it’s even 100 out of 100, and they are mostly processed manually (yes, crazy).
The last decades many governments have tried using some sort of device to make it easier to vote (and count). However, many have reverted that practice and went back to paper voting as it was deemed less prone to fraud. Sad to read as a techie, as I’m with you that I think voting can be done much better, more secure and more easier using tech.
Perhaps US or any developed country is also not a good start for it either (stakes way too high), but potentially other countries that would be more susceptible and open for it. Could be a nice impact piece if you’d find that country and potentially do the research on that and publish.