Hi aper,
Thanks for providing the feedback and asking the questions
To clarify, my proposal is purely retroactive. For work done in the past. This includes the open-sourced repo and deploying the App to Mainnet.
‘‘I think the shift from the old system to this approach was intended to focus solely on products that actually produce results, because previously there were cases where something was developed but not used and eventually disappeared’’ correct me if I’m wrong, but the opensource requirement tackles this issue that the old grant program had, right? It’s payment for work done: the codebase. m. Maybe that’s where my misunderstanding arises as I thought the transaction is for 1. the open-source contribution, and/or 2. the previous community impact.
To your comparison with Pera Wallet’s inbox feature, BubbaPay is not restricted to a specific wallet provider and the whole idea is that you can send ASAs to recipients without knowing their public address.
‘‘honestly, the recipient ends up having more steps to follow.’’ I’m not sure I entirely agree with this. I’ve tested with multiple friends, send them a few USDC via BubbaPay, they set up their wallet without any questions asked and claimed the USDC. They would never have done this if I said, ‘‘download this wallet, send me your address, and I’ll send you some USDC later’’.